Chapter 18: The Message

Posted by Beth - -

She was in a haze for a few days. Feeling as though it was a dream. She still hadn't contacted Kor's parents with her decision. She loved Nathan as if she bore him herself. A part of her didn't want to see a tiny version of Kor every day and have her heart break another part of her wanted a son to raise since she had been denied of that by her mother in law.

A soft beep came through, her comm went off. She ignored it as she tucked herself back into the couch with a blanket and her blue milk. Curiously when she heard the second beep she had a message. She pushed the remote to have it display on the entertainment unit in front of her.

*Image fades in, Rags is sitting in front of a projector, his face weary, dirty and unkempt*

Lula, dammit I missed you...

*sighs*

I lost Kor's trail on Corellia. His Imperial captors must have known that I was tracking him.

**Rags begins to squint as he is talking, clearly concentrating**

I honestly do not have any leads at this point. All my sources that I can gather through the Rebellion are working this as a favor to me.

*looks over his shoulder and then back to the camera lowering his voice*

I know you might have some other underworld contacts that might have heard about a random Imperial contingent landing at an out of the way place. If you can rattle their cages and see what they know I would appreciate it.

*smiles strongly at the camera*

If you cannot pass the information on via holomail, holonet or comm, let me know. I can meet you anywhere.

*Rags nods as the camera fades out*

She mumbled curses under her breath realizing what she had to do. Tossing the blanket off herself she made her way up the stairs to get dressed and commed the only person she knew who could help her out.



Antross
Hey
Hey darling..what can I do for you?
We need to meet... do you have a few?
Lock onto my coordinates...I have a place we can meet.
See you then..


She locked onto his frequency making the familiar trip to one of her favorite planets. The fresh air and plush grasses always seemed to make her smile. Not this time. She had spent so much time in Kaadara that the only thing she could think of when she was on Naboo was Kor.

She showed him the messages she had gotten so far and he agreed to dig a bit and get back to her. She knew she could trust few people in this galaxy, but he was one of them. He had just as many if not more skeletons in his closet and he would never judge her. She gave her goodbyes and headed back to the sands.

Leave a Reply